Sunday, October 12, 2008

Never underestimate the power of...


a baby's blowout capability!

These  amazingly beautiful little creations can sure pack a big punch in the #2 department.  

Maybe it is just my kid, but she really has the ability to unload.  Normally it seems that they  try to time it just perfect so that when you are just about ready to leave the house you have a full-on diaper change situation which you think you can fix with a wipee, another wipee and one more wipee until you realize the diaper isn't the only thing soiled...

While you were busy reaching for another wipee, baby has stuck her foot in the diaper that you meant to move farther away, but didn't because you only have two hands. One has a wipee in it and the other is holding up a leg.--- There goes the sock.  

Next as you are lifting that cute little baby bottom up in the air, you see that the yellow poo hasn't stopped just because the back side of the diaper does. Yup, it has gone up the back and into the onsie area.  So you go to take off the onsie, which is easier said than done when it is covered with poo.  Somehow the poo part always manages to touch half a dozen places on the babies skin as you are pulling arms out of sleeves etc.  You think to yourself, "No problem, a wipee can take care of that. We're good."  But there is still the part where ya gotta get it over their head somehow.  

"Awe Stink!"    (Literally) 

 You now realize that even though you tried really hard to be careful, as you tugged the onsie over the babe's head you see there again--- more poo--- now in her hair. You may consider for a moment (because you are running late) that a wipee is still a possibility. But alas, the good mom in you just won't let that happen.  

"Sigh"




Oh well,  Bath time it is!!!


And we do all this happily for them because...

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hey jessica! It's lindsey with the biggest loser contest. I just need your email address to email you more info. You can email me at lindsmm@gmail.com. Cute family!

Kali said...

I told Andrea to check out your blog:)

Unknown said...

bows, dresses and blowouts OH MY! What a sweetie pie Jess, I am SO excited to go meet our Molly! What an amazing journey this has been...with a whole new adventure to begin when she meets her three brothers!
Love, Jen

The Busches said...

EEW I don't think I am quite ready for this!!! At least I have some more time to gear up!

Tiffany said...

I totally know that feeling!!! I love her dress and shoes though they are way cute!!! How have you guys been?